Friday, September 19, 2008
> I am under 45 years old,
> I love the outdoors,
> I hunt,
> I am a Republican reformer,
> I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
> I have many children,
> I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two
> years in the governor's office.
> Did you guess?
> I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900
1. Selma got me born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965. (Google 'Obama Selma' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles about its various untruths.)
2. Father was a goat herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.
3. Father was a proud freedom fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.
4. My family has strong ties to African freedom - NOT EXACTLY, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya . It is the first widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Obama, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone.
Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers have burned Christians' homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know the truth.
5. My grandmother has always been a Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.
6. My name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and 'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President.
Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya , his father's family was mainly Arabs. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). From.... and for more.... go to.....
7. I never practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.
4-3-08 Article 'Obama was 'quite religious in Islam'' http://www.wnd.com/index.php? fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559
8. My school in Indonesia was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).
February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully miscalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as 'one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.' This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says 'Obama's narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts.'
9. I was fluent in Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.
10. Because I lived in Indonesia , I have more foreign experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak the language. What did you learn -- how to study the Koran and watch cartoons?
11. I am stronger on foreign affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.
12. I blame my early drug use on ethnic confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify -- your classmates said you were just fine.
13. An Ebony article moved me to run for office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.
14. A Life magazine article changed my outlook on life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.
15. I won't run on a national ticket in '08 - NOT EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.
16. Voting 'Present' is common in Illinois senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.
17. Oops, I mis-voted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.
18. I was a professor of law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
19. I was a constitutional lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
20. Without me, there would be no ethics bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.
21. The ethics bill was hard to pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.
22. I wrote a tough nuclear bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.
23. I have released my state records - NOT EXACTLY, as of March 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests' pork hidden within.
24. I took on the asbestos Altgeld Gardens mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens . You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.
25. My economics bill will help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.
26. I have been a bold leader in Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.
27. I passed 26 of my own bills in one year - NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.
28. No one on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Candian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.
29. I am tough on terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel .
30. I want all votes to count - NOT EXACTLY, you said let the delegates decide.
31. I want Americans to decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.
32. I passed 900 bills in the state senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn't write yourself.
33. I believe in fairness, not tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.
34. I don't take PAC money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.
35. I don't have lobbyists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.
36. My campaign had nothing to do with the 1984 ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.
37. I have always been against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.
38. I have always supported universal health care - NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to buy it.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Pararescueman Staff Sgt. Lopaka Mounts receives a hug from a resident after Hurricane Ike, Sept. 13, 2008. Sergeant Mounts is assigned to the 331st Air Expeditionary Group on Randolph Air Force Base, Texas. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. James L. Harper Jr.
Maybe because not only are these same government officials who claimed...........
”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”
Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.
”I don’t see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,” Mr. Watt said.
And not just the Democrats were saying things like this,,,,,but now these same Congressmen and Senators are claiming that the Evil Bush and his staff are behind yet another failure.... but a closer look at history shows a different story............
The New York Times reported this five years ago:
The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.
Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.
The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.
The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt — is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates.
=====================================With hindsight, we can see that the Bush administration had accurately diagnosed the problem in the lending market and had a plan to address it. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reluctantly supported the plan. However, Democrats objected.
Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.Nothing to see here, no crisis on the horizon. Everybody just move along, now. The Democrats had forced lenders to assume more risk at lower interest rates in the 1990s.
It was the Clinton administration, obsessed with multiculturalism, that dictated where mortgage lenders could lend, and originally helped create the market for the high-risk subprime loans now infecting like a retrovirus the balance sheets of many of Wall Street’s most revered institutions.
Tough new regulations forced lenders into high-risk areas where they had no choice but to lower lending standards to make the loans that sound business practices had previously guarded against making. It was either that or face stiff government penalties.
The untold story in this whole national crisis is that President Clinton put on steroids the Community Redevelopment Act, a well-intended Carter-era law designed to encourage minority homeownership. And in so doing, he helped create the market for the risky subprime loans that he and Democrats now decry as not only greedy but “predatory.”
Yes, the market was fueled by greed and overleveraging in the secondary market for subprimes, vis-a-vis mortgaged-backed securities traded on Wall Street. But the seed was planted in the ’90s by Clinton and his social engineers. They were the political catalyst behind this slow-motion financial train wreck.
And it was the Clinton administration that mismanaged the quasi-governmental agencies that over the decades have come to manage the real estate market in America.
It was the Bush administration that wanted to rein in the madness in the credit markets, and the Democrats who wanted to extend the Clinton policies that created the crisis we have now. After the fit hit the shan, these same Democrats want to shift blame back to the administration that wanted to increase oversight and curtail risk in lending practices.
The Bush administration has much to blame in letting this get out of hand and failing to ensure proper oversight for so long, but clearly the origins of the disaster and the efforts to keep bad policies in place fall on the Democrats in this case. A classic case of "Be Careful What You Wish For"...unfortunately millions have had to suffer for this Social Experiment. Obama's views on things would lead one believe he wants to expand "Social Experimentation".
My thanks to Hotair.com for much of the info and inspiration to this post.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
No water problems in our neighborhood and our basement is dry, the sump pump didn't even turn on. Electricity stayed on here but about 80,000 out in the metro area.
Airport had some regional jet diversions, otherwise operated ok although the ride in and out was pretty wild I heard.
Gasoline availability becoming an issue, some QT stations are shutting off gas sales to allow better availability over their system as a whole. If the pipeline from TX doesn't get back up and running in a few days, jet fuel could be a problem.
Obama claims he supports equal pay with men, however in practice within his campaign...Compensation figures for his legislative staff reveal that Obama pays women just 83 cents for every dollar his men make....
...Why this disparity? One reason may be the under-representation of women in Obama's highest-compensated ranks. Among Obama's five best-paid advisors, only one was a woman. Among his top 20, seven were women.
McCain's 17 male staffers split $916,914, thus averaging $53,936. His 25 female employees divided $1,396,958 and averaged $55,878.
On average, according to these data, women in John McCain's office make $1.04 for every dollar a man makes. In fact, all other things being equal, a typical female staffer could earn 21 cents more per dollar paid to her male counterpart -- while adding $10,726 to her annual income -- by leaving Barack Obama's office and going to work for John McCain.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Kinda like trying to identify what trash pile smells the best.
As noted recently in HotAir.com....Gibson’s interview with John Edwards in 2004 after being selected as John Kerry’s running mate. Edwards had less than a full term in the Senate as his entire political background, and no foreign-policy, military, or executive experience at all. Yet Gibson didn’t press Edwards on these points at all. In fact, the entire interview consisted of a hard-hitting interrogation … on how mean Republicans are.
The editing of the program, particularly her answers must have been done by that character from Texas Chainsaw Massacre . Despite this her answers were calm, thoughtful and she didn't let him throw her. Note how at times he would ask a question and then not even look at her, an old interview trick to try to throw someone off balance. Notice the camera angles from inback of Charlies left shoulder, makes Palin look about a 5" tall child in her chair.....those shots are no accident. Hopefully when it's the Mccain/Palin WhiteHouse, the Mainstream Media will be religated to the back of the press room.
Friday, September 12, 2008
GIBSON: Do you worry that [the 2008 race] could turn on race, age and class?...
GIBSON: Is the hardest part of all this behind you or ahead of you?...
GIBSON: The picture of you in the paper, this morning, with your wife, watching the Clinton speech. What did you think of the Clinton speech?...
GIBSON: And finally your daughters. What did they say to you? Did they take it as a matter of course that Daddy could be nominated to be president? They never knew what older people know in terms of discrimination, although they may still feel some. What did they say about that?...
GIBSON: I watched closely your countenance last night, your mien, as you stood in that hall. You didn't smile much. Has the joyfulness of this hit home yet? Do you take joy from it?...
Network media is not even trying to convey an image of fairness when covering the 4 candidates.
When McCain Palin wins in November I'm sure the first thing that they (mainstream media) will be wondering is how much voter fraud was involved involved.
ABC Good Morning America will start a series of "townhall whistle stops" over Sept 15-19.Will GMA's "Whistle-Stop Tour '08," as the network is referring to it, resemble its town hall special editions that the program produced in 2007? These shows were billed as in depth interviews with the presidential candidates that each would span an entire episode of "Good Morning America." However, there only ended up being two, one with Democrat Hillary Clinton and the other with Democrat John Edwards. In total, "Good Morning America" devoted a combined 64 minutes to Democratic contenders and zero for Republicans.
I predict another attempt to throw Republican candidates UNDER the train....
Thursday, September 11, 2008
A tip of the hat to my daughter for sending me this timely article on Sarah Palin experience issues, particularly related to military and foreign intelligence.
SARAH PALIN'S EXPERIENCE:
Don't dismiss the fact that Sarah Palin is Commander of the Alaska National Guard --- consider this.
Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that protects the entire nation from ballistic missile attacks. It's on permanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.
As governor of Alaska, Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. Her exposure to classified material may rival even Biden's and certainly by far exceeds Obama's.
She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's counterterrorism plans.
Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country's defense. Given Alaska's proximity to Russia, she may have security clearances we don't even know about.
According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.
Her Charles Gibson ABC news interview is to be played in Prime Time...another "Evil Knievel jump" for her. As poorly as Obama has been doing lately and with Biden stating Hillary would have been a better choice than him, this is the time for Mccain/Palin to make some noise about some specifics and each show their strengths. Some new talking points are needed beyond those from the convention. Palin is wisely going after Obama, while Biden is foolishly going after Palin. Mccain needs some degree of separation from Palin or risk being seen as a Palin/Mccain ticket or Palin being Mccain's nursemaid or Mccain seen being a remora on "Sarahcuda". I am STILL waiting some word on Mccain/Palin immigration enforcement plans....!!
Sleep, perchance to dream....It's that time of the year when I change shifts and go from nights to days....from going to bed at 12:30am to getting up at 3:45am....
My "Friday" is here and it actually is a Friday for a change. A couple afternoon naps this week has helped with the sleep deficit.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
The polling places better start preparing for what I predict will be unprecedented voter turn out numbers. Expect long lines and not enough check in people or voting units for the volume of voters that will be out and about. No doubt ACORN will be up to their old tricks of trying to get undocumented and dead people to vote. Voting irregularity claims will be made by both sides and it wouldn't surprise me for Obama to ask for U.N observers. Undoubtedly it will be a long night.
Sarah gets her first one on one interview with Charles Gibson coming soon. Lets hope it isn't "edited" by the network to make things anything other than the reality that takes place.
This criticizing frenzy taking place reminds me of the attacks made when Clarance Thomas was under review for Supreme Court. Hopefully she will make it through with the same dignity and success that he did.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Living in Tucson or somewhere like it, with just rocks in the yard is sounding pretty darned good.
Speaking of Moles or I should say "weasels" Here is a good article on why Sarah Palin can't possibly make it in this election.....
Sarah Palin’s so-called sins ...
The trust-funded Beautiful People of the mainstream media and the Democratic Party are unanimous. Sarah Palin is a bad person. A very, very bad person.
Here is a list - a very partial list - of the reasons that the governor of Alaska is not qualified to be vice president of the United States.
She has never been on “Meet the Press.”
She doesn’t - or didn’t - have a passport.
She didn’t write her own speech Wednesday night.
Her 17-year-old daughter is going to be an unwed mother - oh, scratch that, Bristol’s getting married to the young self-described “redneck.” Ooooh, how retro, getting married just because you’re pregnant!
Her hairdo is so . . .’80s.
She’s not a citizen of the world, she’s a citizen of Alaska.
The baby Trig is Bristol’s - no, really, I read it on Daily Kos - oh, scratch that, the baby’s 4 months old and Bristol’s five months pregnant. Ooooh, how retro, actually going to term with a Down syndrome baby.
She’s not just a member of the National Rifle Association - she’s a life member.
She never heard of David Gergen, Sally Quinn or Jann Wenner, and she doesn’t care what they say about her.
Do you know anybody who has five children?
Do you know anybody who has a son in the Army?
Do you know anybody who has sold their jet - and on eBay, of all places, where all those tacky people go to buy the Formica for their trailers.
She does not own a Prius.
Who wears glasses anymore - my Gawd, can’t she afford Lasik?
She goes to a little Assembly of God church with one of those little message boards out front with a new Biblical verse on it every weekend and a minister has never once shouted from the pulpit, “God damn America!”
Of course, attacking the children of politicians should be off-limits - as long as they’re named Al Gore Jr. or Patrick Kennedy or Chelsea Clinton.
She’s younger and better looking than Maureen Dowd - much younger and much better looking.
She clings to guns and religion.
She was in multiple beauty pageants - and she won the first one.
She doesn’t make a thrill run up Chris Matthews’ leg.
She’s married to her high-school sweetheart.
Didn’t you read what they said about her in the National Enquirer - you know, that supermarket tabloid that you simply can’t believe a word of when they write about fine liberal Democrats like John Edwards.
She’s shrill, shrewish, bossy, brassy - you know, all those adjectives that are sexist if you apply them to Hillary Clinton, but brilliantly insightful if used against Sarah Palin.
Her husband was arrested for OUI, and so what if it was in 1986, there’s no statute of limitations on mentioning alcohol arrests, unless you’re talking about Bill Moyers, a member of the Kennedy family or some other liberal Democrat, in which case it’s a cheap shot to bring it up.
Her husband is a member of a union, which is okay, but only if it’s AFTRA or SEIU or the teachers union.
Unlike Nancy Pelosi, she actually knows that natural gas is a fossil fuel, and she also knows how to get it out of the ground - by drilling.
Her husband is one of those damnable snowmobilers - you know, Sally, those goons who make such a racket when we’re out trying to cross-country ski from the chalet, only she calls them snowmachines.
Her speech was mean-spirited, which is any attack on any liberal, as opposed to a liberal attack on any conservative, which is red meat.
She knows how to bait a hook.
She would pronounce “faux” as “fox,” only if she saw something that was “faux,” she’d call it for what it was - fake.
And the final reason the liberals can’t stand her: She’s not “faux,” but she is a fox.
My New Favorite Bumper Sticker............
Thursday, September 4, 2008
The Convention is over. I liked the shortened convention. This should be a template for future ones. They are, like the whole election process, way too long. The Republicans handled the hurricane issue responsibly and the media hopes and predictions for failure were proven wrong; just as they will be in November.
I worked evenings when it was going on, but had access to CNN to at least keep up somewhat, and had to accept the delivery source (CNN) like a dose of highly disagreeable medicine, and trying to focus on the speakers. The attendees seemed to be a responsible and respectable lot, refraining from obnoxious signs, banners buttons, etc.
The same cannot be said of those whom, while receiving almost no media attention, still sought to make their Leftist/Anarchist statements by damaging property, assaulting attendees, and acting as the reprehensible slime that they are. Many of their cowardly, terrorist types, wore bandannas or scarves to hide. Fortunately good police work kept this group mostly impotent and out of sight and lacking any influence over the proceedings.
The star was of course Sarah Palin. While I have felt she would be a good pick for the last 4 or 5 months, the speed at which she was selected and introduced to the nation was dizzying. I pray that she is not "too good to be true". She seems to channel the same excitement and common touch that Ronald Reagan had and her background is even more unlikely than his! Michael Reagan wrote his observation of the same thing in todays WSJ.
Laying in bed on that Friday morning, hearing the news on the radio from Fox news channel, I literally had a chill of excitement, and strange sense of deja vu that the unlikely "outside the box" person I had been in favor of- actually got the position! I had a sense that something had occured and that from that point on, nothing would be the same. I dont neccesarily mean in an all good way; but in a wild, crazy bet the farm and chance to score BIG dangerous kind of way. I wanted to attend the meeting they held in St. Louis that Sunday, even though I hate crowds......it would have been exciting to be among the first 20,000 that had a chance to meet her and measure her against media views and material I had read over the last several months. Work commitments prevented that. I wa glad that they had the meeting in St. Louis and hope they will return before November.
I got that same excited, exaulted, admiration in watching her speach on Thursday. But it was also coupled with the nervous worry over someone working without a net.
No net was needed.
I read a description of her that seems to be accurate at least to this point in her light speed career....she seems to be a "political savant" History shows that they dont come around very often. I hope for the country, she is as she appears. I feel it could be truly a historic time and one where America regains the footing that it lost since Reagan. It's not going to be easy and at this point seems to be more akin to watching an Evil Kneivel jump, than the mundane, frustrating political plodding that we've become accustomed to since 2002.